News for APRs
APR Maintenance Credits – Are you up to-date?
The Accreditation Maintenance program was designed to strengthen the value of the APR designation for the benefit of practitioners, employers, clients and the public at-large. It is a voluntary program; however, all APRs are encouraged to participate. Participation by non-practicing, retired APRs is waived.
- demonstrates an APR’s continued training and professional development
- demonstrates leadership in public relations
- maintains the value of the APR and its relevancy
- you keep track of qualifying activities over a five year period from three broad categories-training, professional activities and community service-all of which have a point value called accreditation units-until you have collected a total of 15 units
- you complete the online maintenance form, or send the form to the National Office
- your form is reviewed and the National Office Council on Accreditation issues you a maintenance certificate
Login required to cprs.ca to view the following hyperlinks:
Qualifying activities may originate from three broad categories (training, professional activities & community service). These activities carry a point value that is described in the list of maintenance of accreditation units. Once you have fifteen points, you can submit them online or send the registration form to the National Office. Your application is reviewed and the National Council on Accreditation will recognize your maintenance of the APR designation.
Login to CPRS.ca with your username and password to
- learn more about the Maintenance Program
- easily manage Accreditation Maintenance On-Line
- view your Accreditation Status
- download PDF manual Maintenance form